Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blessed

I am truly blessed with great friends and family! 

I was so thankful for each and every comment, text, phone call, email and private Facebook message I received in response to my last post. It makes me smile to know that I have people in my life that truly care and support me.

Cody has been amazing and even though this situation is affecting both of us - it is ultimately me that will choose what these next years will involve. The decision still isn't clear and I will be making a sacrifice no matter what we decide. 

I applied for a job last week with still no call. I will be contacting the one I've been waiting on for 3 weeks on Monday ... but I doubt I'll have an answer. 

I am starting to become at peace with the idea of staying home with the girls. It helps to know that they are actually choosing to stay home versus go to school. A part of me was so torn over the thought of taking them away from their friends. But now I realize that these few years they have been in daycare have blessed us with some amazing friendships and that won't end even if daycare does. 

It still bothers me what the future will hold in 6 years when the job search would begin all over again. Why would anyone want to hire someone with no experience plus a 6 year break? BUT...no one wants to hire me now...so at least I would have this precious time with the girls and trust that God will provide for me when the time comes. 

I'm trying to remain patient. I'm trying to keep me head clear. I'm trying not to rush a decision based on emotion. 

The ultimate goal I want to accomplish in life is to be the best mom I can be for our children. That in itself may be my answer. 



2 comments:

Kelly Grant said...

It will be a fun adventure...and we can text even more about the ups and downs :) I assure you that in 6 years when you explain that the gap in your resume is from being a stay at home mom---they wont instantly skip over you. You may have to temporarily step lower in the ranks than you want but I know you and I know you are a HARD WORKER and they will see that right away and you will be moved up fast.

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:33-34

Tonya said...

Thanks Kelly! Your support means more than you know! It is so wonderful hearing the perspective of someone who also gave up a career to stay at home!