Friday, June 21, 2013

Older Than Dirt {FREEBIE Labels & Banner!}

I was recently asked by my mother-in-law to help plan a 60th Birthday Party. After some short searching for ideas we were both sold on the "Older Than Dirt" theme!

I saw this idea on Pinterest but couldn't get the free labels to download without having to become some sort of "premium member".

60th labelsSo... I made my own labels instead and I think they are pretty cute! I printed them out on card stock, hole punched them and then tied them around the lids with twine. 

I got the 4oz. quilted jelly jars at Hobby Lobby during their 50% glass jar sale but they can also be found on Amazon.

I applied the word "dirt" out of vinyl using my Cricut machine and transfer paper to the flat (1in x1.75in) spot on the jar. I thought this process would take forever since I was doing 30 jars but the transfer paper made it super fast and I had them done in no time! 

Simply blend up Oreo cookies and fill the jars to look like dirt! (note: it takes about 4-5 Oreos to fill one 4 oz. jar). 

To download my FREEBIE labels click here!
Proud of my Mother-in-Law's craftiness - she set the jars up in a cupcake stand!
I made some simple signs in Word for her to frame and use for the party.

I also made a matching birthday banner that I laminated, hole punched at each corner, and strung with the same twine. I chose to laminate the banner for durability since it will be hung outside. I will try and update with a photo of it hanging once the party is set up!

To download my FREEBIE banner click here!

Please take a moment to leave a comment and share some love  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was not able to print the labels. Shifted over to the far right and I could not get it over to a full page. Also, even after enlarging, the 'happy 60th' was so light it was barely readable. I could only print the first 2 labels and the rest of the page was chopped off. Tried everything to get it to work and would not shift to a full page view.

Tonya said...

Hmmm, I am not sure. I printed a BUNCH just fine. It is a pdf file so the settings don't change. Not sure why you and having to "enlarge" any of the files. Maybe try from a different computer.

Unknown said...

Where did you get your keep calm you are older than dirt sign and how do you attach your flags to make the banner?

Tonya said...

I think I remember making the signs in Word. For the banner I hole punched each upper corner of the flag and then tied the flags together with matching twine.