Monday, March 23, 2015

Georgia Rae - 9 Months Old!

March 12, 2015 - Georgia turned 9 months old while camping in the Davis Mountains!
Eyes: Blue
Clothes: 12 months
Diapers: size 4
Nursing: she is nursing about 5x a day now
Weight: 17lbs 14oz
Teething: She still has 8 but she is working on some molars.

Solids: Georgia is eating everything I eat now! It makes things so much easier now & I love it. She LOVES guacamole, spaghetti, turkey, blackened chicken, noodles with alfredo sauce (dairy-free of course)! We had started with just egg yolks but since she was allergy tested and we know she isn't allergic to eggs she is now eating eggs. She even had her own little omelet while camping! 
She regularly eats whole plain cheerios, almond milk pancakes, peas & diced carrots, bananas, & blueberries. She isn't a fan of broccoli yet and I think it's texture. She self feeds efficiently and currently dominant left-handed. 
Milestones: She is now waving "hi"!! I also got her to clap on cue but she hasn't repeated it since. Still no crawling but she is figuring out how move around. She can scoot and spin around while sitting. She can go from sitting to laying on her stomach. She really wants to be crawling and I can sense her frustration when she pushes up on her arms but doesn't move. She's starting to tuck her knees under her now. She will get there although she may be standing first!

Sleep: I am able to put her down for nap and just walk out of her room. She takes one nap a day (she self dropped the 2nd nap months ago) and although I wasn't a fan at first, all my kids nap at the same time now! She regressed on sleeping through the night from our week long camping trip. I think she is starting to get back into routine now that we are home. 

Playtime: It's all about entertainment at this point! She wants to play and be involved. 
She wants to rotate toys frequently and dislikes being bored. She will be so happy when she starts crawling and can self rotate toys. 

Personality: She can really light up when she wants to!

This is what happens when you ask Daddy to put sunscreen on a baby!

She lights up so much when she sees her sisters when she first wakes up or when Reese gets home from school! She loves them so much and wants to be around them for play. 


Camping at Balmorhea


This girl is seriously ticklish! I am able to change her mood just by tickling her :) She still has stranger anxiety and won't let many other people hold her. 

Signs: She still signs "milk" and is waving "hi". She understands "eat", "more" and "all done" but isn't repeating them yet.

Georgia had her 9 month well check this morning. Here are her current growth stats:
Weight: 17lbs 14oz (43%)
Length: 28.5 inches (77%)
Head Circumference: 18.5 inches (99%)

She grew 2.5 inches since mid December and her head is back on the growth curve!

Issues/Concerns: It has been an emotional morning for me. Georgia tested + for blood in her stools again this morning. I took a diaper to the appointment just in case she wanted to check and give me reassurance. We went through the entire appointment talking about when to introduce dairy around one year, increasing her reflux meds since she isn't therapeutic anymore, etc. The pediatrician tested the diaper for me right before we were ready to leave. She walked back into the room and said "she's positive".

I think my jaw hit the floor. I was shocked. I think she was shocked too. Either my food was contaminated with milk protein somehow or she has some other GI issue going on that we haven't figured out yet. We briefly discussed the next steps: repeat diaper check in 1 month and go ahead and scheduled the GI work up.

It wasn't till I was driving home that the emotion hit me. I have been so disciplined with this dairy free diet. I prep my food first, wash my hands after helping my kids with theirs, cook dairy free meals and yet we are right back to square one again.

My baby is bleeding and in pain...again.

If she was contaminated with milk, then it will take another 4-6 weeks for her to clear it again. If this is something else, then we are probably looking at having to scope her with sedation. I have decided to not eat food from any "allergy friendly" restaurants now. I can't trust that food isn't being contaminated by other items.

When I got home I started bawling. I just don't understand this. I thought we were so close to being over the hump. I just want answers and a happy, healthy baby!



No comments: